Tunnel form construction is a process that uses concrete and steel forms to create a “shell” comprised of a series of structural tunnels. Once the tunnel process begins on a job site, the work flow is punctual and consistent with the forms rotating every 24 hours. Each day a new series of walls and decks are poured into place. Interior trades such as plumbing and framing can begin working in the newly formed tunnel bays just 3 days after the forms are removed. Typical buildings built in the tunnel form process include low to mid-rise hotels, apartments and condominiums. Tunnel form construction is also ideal for assisted living and correctional facilities where consistency of function and room design lend themselves to replicated tunnel form bays.
- Use of fast early strength concrete allows the tunnel forms to be rotated every 24hours.
- Very smooth and straight walls and ceilings.
- Tight fitting floor and deck connections.
- Extremely tough and durable concrete walls and decks.
- Tunnel form construction is 25% faster than traditional CMU block.
- Smooth and straight walls promote optimal framing placement for interior walls.
- No gaps in the floor and ceiling joints mean less room for unwanted air and water.
- A strong shell will help protect lives and property even in the harshest weather events.
Completed tunnel form jobs by Orange and Blue Construction:
|Logan Heights||Sanford, FL||360 units|
|Riley Chase||North Port, FL||312 units|
|Jordan Cove||League City, TX||248 units|
|Quality Suites||Jacksonville, FL||72 units|
|Aston Gardens (ALF)||Naples, FL||275 units|
|Aston Gardens (ALF)||Tampa Bay, FL||235 units|
|Holiday Inn Express /td>||West Palm Beach, FL||70 units|
|Indian Trace||Rivera Beach, FL||330 units|
|Portofino @ Palm Springs||Palm Springs, FL||270 units|
|Renaissance @ Bear Lakes||West Palm Beach, FL||330 units|
|Portofino I and II||West Palm Beach, FL||800 units|
|Gardens of Beach Walk||Ft. Meyers, FL||300 units|
|Uptown Lofts||Orlando, FL||400 mid-rise units|
|Falcon Pines||Orlando, FL||300 units|
|The Mansions at Doral||Miami, FL||270 units|
|Falcon Square||Orlando, FL||331 units|